Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday

I didn't take any pictures today.  We went snorkeling and while I would have loved to take pictures of us all looking ridiculous in our masks and fins, I wasn't about to leave my camera on the beach unattended.

Snorkeling was one of the coolest things ever.  I did feel a little anxious when I first got into the water, my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest, feeling claustrophobic, but I was happy I stuck it out.  The colors were amazing, from the vibrant blues of the water, to the florescent fish, the coral and the different creatures growing on the rocks.  It was pretty amazing. 

I saw a Unicorn fish, baby puffers, fish with stripes, a Yellow Tang, a huge fish that I think was a Blue Crevalle.  The highlight of the adventure was the giant sea turtle.  It was gigantic and dirty and probably very old. We watched it for a while as it made its way along the shore, completely unaware of our presence. 

Even the water itself was a sight to see.  The colors of the water ranging from bright blue to dull grey.  You could feel the different currents and the changing temperatures, cool on the top and warm just inches below.  It was surprisingly clear and unpolluted, despite the large number of people on the beach. 

It seems like people here have more respect for the environment and for each other.  Everyone I have come in contact has been so friendly and inviting.  Seriously, if it wasn't for my daughter back home, I would never leave!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.